Thursday 19 January 2012

Piddling on the topiary and tippexed eyebrows (Now that would be) telling


So (NTWB) Telling: Caddington Hall PV went well. It was pleasantly busy from around 5.30pm starting with a visit from the next door neighbours of the gallery space who brought along their charming rescue dog who I instantly fell in love with. One moments panic was when the dog particularly looked keen to cock his leg up to urinate over the topiary but thanks to the eagle eyed owners of the beautiful hound, all was saved.

A while before I had arrived at the space to mop floors and tidy but Cathy had pre-empted this chore as she explained that someone from the Independent was paying a visit to chat about the show and look at the work. This, as promised happened and I was introduced to the lovely Zoe Pilger, who I later found out to be studying for her Phd at Goldsmiths on Romance; so this show was of particular interest to her of course. I saw her return later to be part of the PV, which was very nice indeed.

Many guests travelled from near and wide and I was flattered that so many of them had turned out on such a dark, chilly night but it all added to the fun and I met several people that I had only known previously through the internet, a nice addition. I found myself at one point particularly attracted to Paul Kindersley's eyebrows which he promised were not painted with Tippex as I has previously thought but instead were safely embellished with left over makeup from friends that had historically stayed over at his flat. What a relief!

So all was well, my tunes from love story, romantic harp ensembles, Klaus Nomi and Barry White entertained us through the evening and the candles that burnt so brightly were so efficient there wasn't even a drip spilled as we had hoped. I was impressed by the question posed by Cathy Lomax. Just where did all that wax go then?

Onto other news. I have been approached by a film company this week to make a film about me and my work (more on that at a later date) and I have arranged for some more hand made convex glass to be made. I have been writing all this week on and off which has swallowed up a lot of my time but I will be keen to get back to things properly very soon.

And so I wait nervously to see the review in the Independent tomorrow, maybe I will get my new pencils out in anticipation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive