Sunday 2 January 2011



I start the year of 2011 with the following in mind. Puce, flour, bigamous marriages and 'Young Hounds', a reference to some extremely handsome young architects that are close to hand.
These excerpts are included in my diaries and will probably feature heavily in this years work. As the pace gathers for what I can only see as an amazingly exciting year, I am starting this year of 2011 with working hours of around 16 - 18 hrs per day which is how I function best. Of course, after around 6 weeks of doing this, exhaustion catches up, but for now, I am high.
I am filling my sack up with more secretive issues which again is something I enjoy. Unlike a child and seemingly some adults, I am able to keep secrets well and quietly enjoy the frustration from others when I tell them I have them. So this will be integral to my practice, more so than before.

As well as making new work, I have been reading heavily for research purposes and my life has become much richer for it. The eccentricities of my research feeds my diaries, ideas and work and with the addition of overheard conversations and the found, it is my plan that 2011 will be the year of escapism.
With many plans afoot, my escapism should be held upright by a number of exciting residencies, stays away, collaborative and solo happenings. Undoubtedly, I am sure Freud would read me well, so for now, catch me if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive